The new year is a time for reflection on the things we want to change and improve upon in our lives. It’s a time to resolve to make self-improvements. Believe in yourself and your resolutions won’t be just pipe dreams. And so… here is my list of things I vow to do:
For myself I resolve to:
- be able to do 1000 squats at a time, or even better, to do three sets of 1000 squats
- complete my first full marathon.
- run my first trail race.
- get some work done on my teeth.
- save enough money to buy a new pro-bicycle in the $3-6000 range.
- create synergy in my athletic ability by training in multiple activities simultaneously to create a greater result than if I only train for each sport individually.
- always reach for the stars.
For others I resolve to:
- send out more cards such as thank you cards, thinking of you cards, get well cards, etc.
- cook for my husband more often.
- call my mother more.
- continue to pray for my prodigal daughter and for my neighbor Cynthia.
- smile at others (even strangers) more.
- pay more attention to Katie.
- volunteer to help train the mentally handicapped kids for the special olympics.
To everyone who reads these words, “Happy New Year!” I wish you a year full of love, prosperity, faster running times, and a Boston qualifyer!
By the way, it really does say one thousand squats and not one hundred. It wasn’t a typo.