I had planned on beginning to train to run the Route 66 Marathon last Saturday, June 19, 2010, but when I finally emerged from under the covers, it was 9 am. I have no idea why I slept so late. I didn’t stay up late and I felt okay. My mother would have said, “You probably needed the rest.”
Anyway, I have run 7 half-marathons and it’s time I attempt to run a full marathon. The longest distance I ever ran was 15 miles. Training to run 26.1 miles is going to take a lot of diligence and perseverance.
Previous half-marathons include:
- Kunitake Farms, Kona, Hawaii Half-Marathon – June 22, 2003
- P. F. Chang’s Rock ‘N Roll Phoenix Half-Marathon – January 11, 2004
- Inaugural Route 66 Half-Marathon, Tulsa, OK – November 19, 2006
- Tulsa World Route 66 Half-Marathon, Tulsa, Ok – November 18, 2007
- Oklahoma City Memorial Half-Marathon, OKC, Ok – April 27, 2008
- Route 66 Half-Marathon, Tulsa, Oklahoma – November 16, 2008
- Williams Route 66 Half-Marathon, Tulsa, OK – November 22, 2009
I was really excited about getting started with the new season and training for the marathon. I let myself down by missing the whole thing. We were slated to run 5 miles. I decided to run on my own and only ran 2 miles.
I hope Coach Kathy will let me start training this upcoming Saturday. We are supposed to run 6 miles and I will certainly give it my best.
Guess I’ll go out for a run right now–heat and all. It’s 8:30 pm and 92 degrees.