Today I signed up to be a Surf City Marathon Ambassador. They’re only accepting 25 people as ambassadors and I’ll know if I’m accepted within 48 hours.
I think I would make a good ambassador for the Surf City Marathon. I’ve already recruited three people to run it with me. Without even knowing about the ambassador for the marathon, I’ve already been posting about it on WordPress, Facebook, and Twitter.
On Athlinks it shows I’ve run 60 races but those stats only go back to 2003. I’ve actually been running competitively since 1987. So I’m sure I have over 100 races under my belt
I’ve run 8 half marathons and this will be my second full marathon.
- June 2003 – Kona Half Marathon – Hawaii
- Jan 2004 – P.F. Chang’s Inaugural Rock ‘N Roll Phoenix – Arizona
- Nov 2006 – Inaugural Route 66 Half Marathon – Tulsa
- Nov 2007 – Tulsa World Route 66 Half Marathon – Tulsa
- Apr 2008 – Oklahoma City Memorial Half Marathon – OKC
- Nov 2008 – Route 66 Half Marathon, Tulsa
- Nov 2009 – Tulsa World Route 66 Half Marathon – Tulsa
- July 2012 – The Wipro San Francisco Half Marathon – California
- Nov 2010 – Tulsa World Route 66 Half Marathon – Tulsa
- Coming soon —– Surf City Marathon —– 2015
Time: 00:40:12 Pace: 13:4
Weightloss: 2 pounds
I had planned on beginning to train to run the Route 66 Marathon last Saturday, June 19, 2010, but when I finally emerged from under the covers, it was 9 am. I have no idea why I slept so late. I didn’t stay up late and I felt okay. My mother would have said, “You probably needed the rest.”
Anyway, I have run 7 half-marathons and it’s time I attempt to run a full marathon. The longest distance I ever ran was 15 miles. Training to run 26.1 miles is going to take a lot of diligence and perseverance.
Previous half-marathons include:
- Kunitake Farms, Kona, Hawaii Half-Marathon – June 22, 2003
- P. F. Chang’s Rock ‘N Roll Phoenix Half-Marathon – January 11, 2004
- Inaugural Route 66 Half-Marathon, Tulsa, OK – November 19, 2006
- Tulsa World Route 66 Half-Marathon, Tulsa, Ok – November 18, 2007
- Oklahoma City Memorial Half-Marathon, OKC, Ok – April 27, 2008
- Route 66 Half-Marathon, Tulsa, Oklahoma – November 16, 2008
- Williams Route 66 Half-Marathon, Tulsa, OK – November 22, 2009
I was really excited about getting started with the new season and training for the marathon. I let myself down by missing the whole thing. We were slated to run 5 miles. I decided to run on my own and only ran 2 miles.
I hope Coach Kathy will let me start training this upcoming Saturday. We are supposed to run 6 miles and I will certainly give it my best.
Guess I’ll go out for a run right now–heat and all. It’s 8:30 pm and 92 degrees.